This Policy has been compiled to better serve those who are concerned with how their Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is being used online. PII, as described in U.S. privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Please read our Policy carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your PII in accordance with our Site.
Information We Collect
As you use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. Some examples of using our “services” are when you make a purchase on one of our e-commerce websites, create a Purify Tea account, buy a gift card online, or participate in a survey or promotion. The information you give us may include your first or last name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, financial account information such as a credit card number, birthday, city of birth, demographics information, and any other information you choose to give us. This information we collect include:
- Purchasing Information: We may collect information about the products you buy, how frequently you buy products, and the rewards earned due to your purchases.
- Location Information: When you use a smartphone or other mobile device to access our Site or purchase products or services via our online properties, we may collect information about your physical location.
- Information From Other Sources: We also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To process your purchases of products and services;
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes.
- To improve our Site in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To communicate with you and/or to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products or to post your comments or statements on our Site.
- To respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information.
- To detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud.
- To maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
How We Share The Information We Collect
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- We may share the collected information between Purify Tea and affiliated companies for proper management and analysis and decision making, including decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfillment, and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this Policy.
- We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services. We require these companies to refrain from collecting, using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
- If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Purify Tea or our customers or partners.
- We may share your information with service providers to use your information to provide you with promotions and special offers. We also may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our Site and services with other companies.
- We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
- If you post information on a blog or another part of our Site, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors to our Site.
How We May Allow Others To Collect Your Information
When you use our Site or other services, we may allow third parties to collect information about you by setting their own cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies on our Site. We allow third parties to collect this information on our Site for the following purposes:
- We may allow some advertising companies to collect information in order to display ads on our Site that are most relevant to you. These third parties may also collect anonymous information about visitors to our Site to place them into market segments to display ads on other websites believed to be relevant to each market segment.
- We may allow certain service providers to use the information collected on our Site and services to help us learn about our audience and how people use our Site. The companies that use this information for this purpose do not match the information to individual users. In other words, statistical information collected by third parties regarding website usage or performance is not matched or linked to you.
- We may allow companies to use special technologies to make certain parts of our Site work.
- We have added certain features including plugins and widgets to our Site that allow social networks to track the activities of their members or collect certain information about website visitors.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How Your Information is Protected
Our Site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a reliable gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements and to tailor your experience on our Site.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the U.S. and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Last Edited on December 5, 2016